I suggest you ...

A 'watched' list for movies

There already is a watchlist and a collected list. But I also watch a lot of movies in the cinema or I stream them via netflixx or hulu. I don't consider those movies to be in my 'collection'.

That's why I'd like to suggest adding a 'watched' list alongside the 'collected' list (just like the series part of the app).

579 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Luc Evertzen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Novell Guy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

me personally, I have a problem remembering which movies i have seen as I like to watch the "B" sci fi movies and OFTEN watch the same movie twice only realizing about 10-30mins in that I have watched it!!

• Luc Evertzen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand your view on this matter dereck, but I would in no way want Uwe to prioritize this feature over any significant addition to the "Series" section of the app. And while this is indeed a Series app first and foremost, it is nice to have everything in one, convenient place. As for the cluttering, there is still room for a small "Watched" tab in the movies section. The app might need more storage space though (?), and for devices with small internal storage this might be an issue.

• dereck eichinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not a fan of this. Seriesguide is a TV show based app, it should focus on perfecting the TV show-related features. Cluttering the app with more movie features shouldn't be a priority, in my humble opinion.

• Roberto Giunta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I have tons of movies I watched at a friend's place/cinema only/streamed and while it may look cleaner, the movie just disappears when I mark them as "Seen", so I would really love a "Seen" tab in the app :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I want to show a friend my watched movies list it would really help to do so on the app instead of sending him a link to my trakt.tv profile

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this feature, sometimes you just want to check if you've already seen bunch of movies and a full watched list would be really convenient.

• Paul [sabret00the] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I watch a ton of films and discuss a ton of films, sometimes I struggle to remember the title (especially if it's foreign) and sometimes I just want to avoid watching something I've seen already. For every reason that it's viewable to see a list of previously seen episodes, it's the same for films.

• Luc Evertzen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just consider collected movies to be the movies I actually bought on dvd, blu-ray or digital. These are essentially the movies that I like a lot. But there are also a lot of movies that I only watch once in the cinema or via streaming services. I don't consider these movies collected since I don't actually own them. That's why I always used the watched button on trakt.tv instead of the collected button. And now I have about 350 movies watched on the site but zero collected in the app. I just don't want to manually collect all 350 movies again via the app.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base