I suggest you ...

Option not to update specific tv shows.

I don't want to keep my ended shows and I don't want to delete them. It takes ages to update with all the shows that I watch.

59 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Giannis Kalfas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminUwe Trottmann (Developer, SeriesGuide) responded  · 

SG already takes care of only updating changed episodes (e.g. ratings or description changed).
    If you want to keep a record of your older shows, connect to trakt. upload them, then remove them from SG.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andy Gilleand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Ended shows don't typically need to be updated. I would say that if the show has been over for more than a year, then there's no reason to update it. When it's within a year, there can still be new special episodes such as those that would show up on the DVDs, but after a year of no new content it's unlikely there will be anything new.

On the rare cases of old shows being renewed, like Veronica Mars, 24, or Heroes, those shows could then just be manually updated.

• LaTiNo Diaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this too, maybe even automatically move a show that has ended and has been watched completely to a new default 'ended' category that you can list seperately similar to 'hidden' shows.

Feedback and Knowledge Base