I suggest you ...

Release dates based on country

The App is the best one for Android, but the date / time of an episode streamed for the first time on TV is not good for other countries than america.
The widget for example is not usable for me, because of the wrong times for our country (germany) :(

256 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    N. L. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pietro Pizzi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think tvrage.com is dead!? At least it is down a long time now. I think of two sources which have the most Release-Dates in German:

As told before: imfernsehen.de or "there Frontends" fernsehserien.de and wunschliste.de. But:
        "Der Inhalt dieser Website ist nur zum privaten Gebrauch bestimmt; die Verwendung zu kommerziellen Zwecken oder Vervielfältigung jeglicher Art ist nur mit schriftlicher Genehmigung gestattet!"
        Maybe you can partner with them and get the permit!?

And what do you think about serienjunkies.de? It hasn't all the Shows but at least all Popular. And the Data is really good. I use it a very long time now to check if a Show is out in german and, lets say, 95% of the time i find my answer. They although say:
        "Jegliches Kopieren der Texte und Inhalte, auch auszugsweise, bedarf der vorherigen schriftlichen Genehmigung. Eine gewerbliche Nutzung Bedarf in jedem Fall einer Genehmigung. ...
        Eine automatisierte Abfrage der Seiten von Serienjunkies.de ist nicht gestattet!"
        But maybe you can partner with them?

At a last resort, or a different idea that connects with this one, you can add a link to the Shows Episod-Guide at one of the sources like you do it with IMDb, TheTVDB and trakt right now.

• Chris Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a paid member and believe price is more than reasonable for this high quality app! If I had to pay more for this improvement I'd do it in a heartbeat...it should be considered that important.

• virtualdj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wikipedia also has the correct local air dates (most of the times in advance, too) of the shows. Unfortunately, there is not an API to simply extract the information required.

• James Stone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The idea from Pete is good and simple!

Optional: add a repeat functionality to calculate the next episodes to prevent the user from putting all episodes manually. (weekly/Every Monday, etc.)

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of getting the listings you give the user the option to predetermine a time slot, e.g In Spain Grimm (Season 3) is on Tuesdays at 22.25 (Channel optional). Once entered the upcoming episode listings give user information rather than TVDb.com listings.

• TrooperMaXX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would search manually all dates and would add them to the database

i want to make this app more populare in Germany!!!! i love it <3

• James Stone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there!
        There is a German website with comprehensive informations about TV series.
        I don't think they have an API, but the structure of this site is straight away.
        (See screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/dc2rlay43/)

http://www.fernsehserien.de/akte-x

They have established a network for different pages for TV shows, wish-list reminder, retro TV shows, etc. ( http://www.imfernsehen.net/ )
        Maybe there is the possibility to contact the developer of this sides and ask them for an API. Maybe there is one.

Greetings, James

btw: Very good work for now. I love this App to manage my series.

• tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes that`s what i'm waiting for. Than the app would be perfect and i would buy it immediatly!!
        But otherwise very gold work thanks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base