I suggest you ...

Confusion around settings as watched

In the shows tab, when using the unwatched filter. It seems that when I set something as watched, it will show that next episode after that one as the next one to watch, even if there are earlier episodes unwatched.

For example say there are 3 unwatched episodes 1, 2, 3. It will show the next unwatched as 1. If then mark 2 as watched, it will indicate 3 is the next episode and not 1.

If I manually go into seasons/episodes for the show and mark 1 as watched and then unwatched. The shows tab correctly indicates 1 as the next unwatched episode.

Maybe this is more of a bug? But in general my use case is to have the earliest unwatched episode to be shown as the next in line.

Thanks

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Johan Nilsson shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminUwe Trottmann (Developer, SeriesGuide) responded  · 

Working as intended. This is helpful if you start watching in the middle of a season or with a later season. SeriesGuide will then suggest the next highest episode to watch next. Uwe

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Johan Nilsson commented  · 

Hey Uwe, thanks for your reply. I understand your reasoning, however I'd like to elaborate on the idea, and maybe there might be a simple way to achieve both scenarios?

I've come up against this "issue" often enough for it to make me go to uservoice and raise it.

Where it's constantly not helpful for me is for the series where I pick and choose episodes I want to watch, i.e no specific order. And also where I prefer to watch the serie first then move on to the specials.

Filtering by "Unwatched" would logically show series with unwatched, however I regularly have to go through the process of unchecking the filter, finding the series, manually through the seasons to look see if anything was unwatched, if it was then toggle the watched state of the previous episode (could be in withing the same season, within specials or within another season) . This then leaves it in the desired state for me.

Maybe it could work the way it currently is, because as you say it probably fits the majority of the use-cases, but with the addition of if there aren't a later next episode, show the earliest one unwatched one if there is one?

So that when you finish something, it would indicate anything earlier unseen related to the same series?

Thank you for your time and effort!
        Ps: I saw seriesguide is on github, I'd be happy to PR this should it be of value.

Feedback and Knowledge Base