I suggest you ...

Improve Filters

Improve Filters

SeriesGuide is great, but unfortunately the available filters are very limited.
I think that a well designed filters should have the following structure:

LISTS:
* ListA
* ListB
* ListC
* ListD
* ListE

* In progress
* Deleted
* TBD
* Ended
* In production

PROGRESS
* To start
* Uncompleted
* Equal
* Completed

CATEGORIES
* Action
* Adventure
* Animation
* Crime
* Documentary

NETWORK
* ABC (US)
* AMC
* BBC America
* BBC One
* BBC Three

SAVED
* SavedFilter1
* SavedFilter2
* SavedFilter3
* SavedFilter4
* SavedFilter5

Now I explain how these filters works with some examples:

- If I click one time on "ListA" (a list created by me) I see only the shows contained in this list.

- If I click two time on "ListA" I see all the shows except those contained in this list.

- Racepitulate: the first click is to include, the second click is to exclude, the third click is to remove the filter

- If i click one time on "ListA" and two time on "ListB" I see the shows contained in "ListA", except for the shows contained also in "ListB". Example:

ListA: Breaking Bad, CSI, Fringe, Scandal
ListB: Arrow, Castle, Fringe, X-Files
Filter (include A and exclude B): Breaking Bad, CSI, Scandal

- If I click on "Ended" I see only the ended shows

- If i click (a) one time on "ListA", (b) one time on "In production", (c) one time on "Uncompleted", (d) two time on "Adventure", I see (a) all the shows contained in "ListA" (b) with only those "In production" (c) and only those I have not yet completed (d) but without the shows of the "Adventure" category.

- Because the previous filter is not so easy, I can save it in "SAVED" filters, for example withe the name "SavedFilter1". In this way to have the previous filter I can simple click on "SavedFilter1".

A similar filtering method is very well implemented in this app <http://is.gd/adSd3I>, so I recommend to the developer to try it (this app is not amazing like SeriesGuide, but the filters are great). Here a screenshot <http://is.gd/A5xtCY>.

550 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    InfoInfo shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Elizabeth HunterElizabeth Hunter commented  · 

That is a little overkill for my needs, but I would love to see filters to include or exclude ended, in progress, and on hiatus until the next season shows. Also, the ability to hide the shows that I'm up to date on and show the rest or show/hide the shows I haven't started yet would be great.

• BerndBernd commented  · 

Hi, i am also missing filters. For the beginning 1 additional would be helpful. I wish to black out series which have ended and i watched completely. (ie. Breakting Bad). I use the "hidden (in german: ausgeblendet" filter to eliminate shows from the list which are not active at the moment. Also i put the ended and watched series to this filter. But the list ist getting longer and longer. So one additional filter (ie. ended or archive) would be great for me.

• GorgonGorgon commented  · 

This would be wonderful. Actually the filters are the main lack of this (great) app.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Added filters would be great! But theres only one filter i would like. And that is how trakt tv works and add filter to merge all the unwatched episodes of a show into one so on my recent list i see each show with one recent episode and a number saying how many are left, that way can see easily the next episode to watch then,once that has been set as watched the next episode shows up in the recent list. Also makes looking at widget of next episode for that show easier.

• Martin KarlssonMartin Karlsson commented  · 

I think the example here is a bit overkill, but I would definitely like to have a filter option for "Continuing", "Ended" and "In progress".

Feedback and Knowledge Base