New algorithm for statistics
Actually statistics are calculated every time you enter in the statistics panel. So, if you have a lot of shows and movie, every time you open the statistics page, the app takes a lot of time in the calculation. This problem can be solved by performing the calculations when you set as watched a new episode. Example:
(1) I install SeriesGuide
(2) At the beginning the total time of watching is T = 0
(3) I add the show "Fake Title": each episode lasts 40 minutes
(4) I set the first episode as watched, so become T = 40
(5) I set the second episode as watched, so become T = 80
(6) I add the show "Invented": each episode lasts 20 minutes
(7) I set the first episode as watched, so become T = 100
(8) I set the first episode of "Invented" as unwatched, so T = 80
The same for the other statistics.
Note: here <http://is.gd/dB6ATu> I have suggest multiple watching; obviously in this case you must consider the re-watched episodes/movies in a different variable, to have separate statistics for re-watching.
I mean, additionally after the new algorithm has been implemented
A refresh button can be added if the user believes the calculation needs to be recalculated or is not that accurate.