I suggest you ...

Sync shows across devices

Sync shows and watched status across devices running SeriesGuide, for example between a phone and a tablet

231 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Louis R shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue. I use two devices and sync via trakt, but added shows don't appear on both devices. Would a button that forces a re-sync with trakt fix the issue?

• Horst Petersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey guys, thanks for the comments.

I think I need to clarify what I meant. The Cloud Beta seems to work for syncing newly added TV shows. All shows are showing up in trakt and on my second device, so far so good.

But what I actually want, is a sync of the watched status. Submitting watched episodes ("scrobbling") to trakt works fine, but that status isn't mirrored to the other device.

It would be acceptable, if there was a master and a slave device, so the sync is in one direction only. A true sync would be much better, of course. At the moment I set the Cloud settings on my main device to prefer the device's data, and on my tablet I set it to prefer the Cloud's data. Unfortunately that's not working for me.

• Maximiliano Rodríguez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that people is talking about 2 different things. There are 2 separate collections, trakt's and seriesguide's. Trakt doesnt sync the list of series that you have on your seriesguide's collection, it only syncs the ones you have on trakt's. So in order to have all the same lists on all of your devices you should add all of your series to trakt's collection even though you havent seen them yet

• JadeEvans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not quite the same. I have some some shows on my phone that is not on my tablet and vise versa. It drives me crazy because I know I added a show and then I can't find it on my list.

• Joaquin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Derek, now I´m using three different Android Devices (Phone/Tablet/Tv Box), I have like a ton of TV Shows too ;-), with a Trackt account too, with the Cloud Beta setting fixed in SeriesGuide. And since a few updates, the sync works really well.
        I use in all devices the XBMC media center to view and Scrobble episodes, and in the other devices sync are now instantly...
        Maybe you should try it if you don´t do this alredy.

Regards from the south of Spain.

• dereck eichinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be my most missed feature. I have a ton (!) of TV shows in my list and the sync via trakt.tv just doesn't work as smooth as I'd like. I'm using the backup/restore feature together with FolderSync via Dropbox at the moment to sync from Phone to Tablet, but that's also not really convenient. A built-in sync feature would be fantastic.

• Mikael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to be able to sync without having to create an account on a website (mostly for privacy reasons).

• Nicolas Noble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The trakt system simply doesn't work. It used to be very unreliable, and now I can't download the watched lists anymore, the option is gone.

• Rowan Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm signed in on 2 devices but I can't get a clean sync between both, only some shows update properly even after manually syncing

• Joaquin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can´t find the third-party service in this path :-(... Into settings don´t showing a label named "services" (??)

• Constantin Huber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if the syncing could be done via a Google account or Google drive! I really love the app but I hate the idea of signing up to every little extra service. Keep it as simple, intuitive and as beautiful as possible

Feedback and Knowledge Base